I did a natural Childbirth this time around (Olive came so fast that I had her right after I got an epidural..). We went with a midwife group and I loved having a midwife. My labor started the exact same way as it did with Olive.... at 39 weeks I went to my normal appointment. I was dilated to a 4. I wanted my membranes stripped and (just like Olive) my midwife went to strip my membranes but I didnt even have any left. A couple hours later at 11:30 I started having contractions. We arrived at the hospital at 12:30 and Wayne was born at 2:34.
My labors are fast and intense. It helped having more education/knowledge this time around and knowing how to breathe with my contractions. I was on the ball for most of my labor, which helped a TON. The last hour I was in the bed, I was so exhausted. My contractions were literally coming non stop, I couldnt catch a break. Chad was helping a lot with applying counter pressure on my legs/knees. He mentioned after how he was pushing with his whole body, ha! My contractions were so strong that I could barely feel him but it did help relieve some pain. My arms and legs were completely tingling and numb and they had to put an oxygen mask on me. Other than that everything went fairly smooth.
I still cant decided on natural vs. epidural...give me a few months ;) As I had previously mentioned, Olive came within 20 min of receiving an epidural..it took a lot of the pain away but I still felt her being born. And trying to hold still for an epidural with constant contractions is not easy or enjoyable. Because of this I figured I might as well go natural.... Well those last 30 minutes (and after giving birth..stitches without an epidural,oh man!) are H**L.... HAHAHAH! Chad is against me doing natural again ... :) The main problem was after giving birth I was SO COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED. I literally couldnt move or even open my eyes for a good 15 min, Chad had to help me hold Wayne. I wasnt really there to enjoy those first few minutes of his birth.
But everything went well with no complications and we now have the most beautiful baby boy. We couldnt be more happy.








congratulations! All of your babies are so perfect!
ReplyDeletehaha I loved reading that. I'm glad everything went so well, and I love those pictures! He's so tiny in his carseat and those snuggles on your chest when the babies are so tiny is the best ever!
ReplyDelete