Friday:
Chad and I had a very eventful weekend this past week. It started out great! Friday evening we went to Chad's work BBQ--had amazing ribs and Chad got to ride a horse for the first time!!! I wasnt feeling super well so I didnt ride, otherwise I would have showed him how it is really done :)

Saturday:we spent all day painting Saturday. I finished my desk and chair!! :) Chad was working on a few picture frames he is building for me and we are painting an old bookshelf as well...pictures of everything will soon come, but here is my desk! ..i couldnt find the before picture of my desk :(...but it was ugly!! :)
Before: $6 at Savers.....
After:


Thankfully there is blood covering in the gaps..otherwise you would see chad's bone under his finger nail, a sight he was able to see when the doctor cleaned it....
After:
Sunday:
Chad was leaving for Chicago in the morning and wanted to get a few things done around the house first. Our neighbor had just given us a headboard for our bed and we needed to raise it up a few inches. Chad thought it would be perfectly fine to make a few quick blocks out of scrap wood. He got the saw out and started working on it while I was sewing inside. Not much later, Chad comes running inside.."oh shoot oh shoot!!!...." He didnt even swear :)......His hand was covered in blood and he told me we needed to go to the emergency room.. Sure enough, his thumb was cut....really bad, it was cut vertically through his finger a good inch or so.
After getting to the ER (i was so annoyed with the nurses..they were so slow and all asked the same questions!!! could someone please just mend up my husband for me?!?!?) We had some x-rays done on it, Chad had shaved off some of the bone under his finger nail. Luckily he made a clean cut :) Surgery was not necessary...otherwise it would have been a huge mess. They had to remove his fingernail, stitched him up (13 stitches) and sent him home with painkillers. So everything looks like it will be okay, it will take a month or more to heal but we are grateful it wasnt worse than it is. Chad is is a lot of pain but doing good. Im just glad he sliced his thumb down vertically and not across horizontally...otherwise we would have been carrying half of his thumb in an ice bag to the hospital!!

Thankfully there is blood covering in the gaps..otherwise you would see chad's bone under his finger nail, a sight he was able to see when the doctor cleaned it....


That is nasty, but on a happier note i'm glad I found your blog so I can see what you're up to!
ReplyDeleteok you guys really need to remove the nasty finger pics.. lost my breakfast.
ReplyDeleteLane-