The month of May has been a fun one so far! We are in Idaho for the whole month, staying with my parents. It has been hard not having our own place--living in one room, not having our own kitchen, not getting ANY alone time... but I can think of worse things :) Plus having a month of free rent is a big benefit and we have really enjoyed being able to spend so much time with family.
Lucy is 3 months old!!! I cant believe that 3 months ago I gave birth to the most wonderful daughter ever :) I was thinking about that today and the first time I saw her; when i think about it the first word that comes to my mind is contrast. That is the best way I can describe everything. Contrast in the way she looked...her skin was purple from lack of oxygen, her hair was black, she had white residue still on her, purple, black, white...contrast. Then they took her right away, this wasn't the joyous moment I had anticipated when I would be able to hold my daughter, clean her, feed her. It was 3 hours later before I saw her again and was finally able to touch her, another 3 hours or more before I was finally able to hold her for a few short minutes. I remember seeing her for the first time really in the NICU and thinking "this is my baby..." it was so weird to me, nothing really connected at first...it wasn't until I was able to hold her and kiss her that everything really came together for me. Like I said, this wasn't how I imagined her birth to be...contrast...
Anyways..that seems so long ago now :) She is home and healthy and happy and makes mine and Chads life more meaningful! It's funny how fast different stages in our lives go by, Lucy is no longer really my baby, she is so big!!!!
I just like to reflect on her a little bit as this is her 3 month birthday :) I am so grateful for her!!! Here are a few things that have made this month special:
- Sitting in her Bumbo chair!! She only last a few minutes before she starts leaning to the left (this is the side she prefers and we are trying to break her of the habit)
- Smiling and cooing..when she wants too :) The mornings are usually the best and we enjoy laying in bed together, snuggling and talking to each other
- Rolls from her side to her back, and when she is angry enough she will roll from her stomach to her back ;)
- GOT HER TO-NAILS PAINTED for the first time!!! So cute!! Prior to this point Chad always said that "the fumes would kill her"...silly boys ;)
- Her lip is getting a lot better, the bruising is fading
- She is really discovering her hands, loves to hold her own hands, tries to suck on her thumb, can grab a rattle (not that she knows what it is)
- She loves listening to her lullaby music
- She loves her mobile
I think that about summarizes it....she is so fun!! And I cant wait for her to start playing with us even more!
Well, this post is getting long enough, enjoy the pictures! and I will describe some of them as needed...you will be able to tell by the first few pictures that we were having a good day and that Lucy was wearing one of my favorite outfits ;)
I never will get over how angelic she is when she sleeps.... ;)
Ashley's Senior night, they won 6-3!
Grandma and Grandpa watching the game with us, along with David and Cheri and Rolane.
We love snuggling together
Cutest toes ever!!!! :)
...Like i said, i love it when she sleeps :) Her hair is getting so light and curly!!!
I love that last picture of her sleeping in the chair! I can't believe how curly her hair is, such an angel!
ReplyDelete