Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My life as a Stay At Home Pre-Mom :)


Changing table-for free from craigslist. I also made the boxes to "organize" it underneath :)



A few head pieces...one for me to match!



Free crib, $5 wood carving design things, $15 "elephant skin" paint. Thank you Sabrina for the quilt!!!


Yellow end table= $5 on craigslist


Frames my wonderful hubby made :) i made the flower stencil


Headboard= $10, made from old closet doors.

Who says you can't decorate on a budget? :)


I thought i would just update you on a few of the things i have been doing lately. I've been holding off, trying to get everything done first, however it seems i just keep adding to my list of things to do and it will probably never end :) Our baby's room is done!! well mostly...i still want to make a crib skirt and i have a few pictures to hang on the walls..and am i ever really DONE decorating? :) Chad made a lovely headboard for our bed! I made a few pillows for it and a throw blanket (prob the worst throw blanket ever made! but my sewing machine and I are still getting to know each other!) I have two giant pillows to yet complete, using the same fabric as the throw, and i plan on painting our dresser as well...see why this has taken me so long? ;)..i'll never be done!! but i love doing it all! As you may start to tell from these pictures, blue and grey are pretty much my favorite colors at the moment.
I've made a few baby things as well, which makes it even more exciting for Lucy to come!! Like the tutu i made her?!?!? i still have many more things to make...those are just the beginning of the hairbows i plan on making and i have some really cute fabric for skirts!
Anyways..enjoy!!
Lucy is coming on Friday so I'll try and be good about blogging soon after :)

PS...Laura..i forgot to take a pic of our new couches!!! I'll do that for you soon :)


3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I love Lucy's room...I know I've seen it in real life, but the pictures made me even more excited that you are actually going to have a baby in that room! Way to go. I love that you made so much and worked so much on it yourself. I hope I can be just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so great. You have been working so hard. Good luck Friday. I will be thinking of you all day. I'll keep a prayer in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! It's so exciting getting ready for babies to come.

    ReplyDelete