We will not be moving into our house on June 18th, as we had planned.
These last few days have been super stressful for me! Towards the end of last week we heard from our builder that our cabinets were in back order and that it might delay us a bit. Alright, we thought, we can wait an extra few days. Then a few days ago they called again telling us that the cupboards will be putting us a few weeks behind, they were having a meeting to discuss the future timeline for our house and would get back to us...What?!? How could they drop the ball like that and then just leave me hanging? Finally yesterday they confirmed that our new move in date is now July 10th...............
I was depressed all day :) That's why I waited a day before writing this post, who knows what I might have said! I am calming down now; readjusting to our new timeline but it still stinks. The cabinets are the next step in their building process so nothing inside is moving forward until they are in....Thankfully they are still working on the exterior or I might just lose me mind! They are actually painting our house this week! I've been having constant nightmares since I picked out the house colors that it turns out horrible! So I am hoping that after I see the paint colors this week I will be relieved of those dreams :) ...or they will come true, but at least I will know!
The main thing now is trying to figure out where we will be living those 10 days in July before we move into our new home (if that is actually our new date!).....We had told our landlord we were leaving the end of this month. We are hoping he will let us stay...and hoping even more that we can pay half rent......
So there it is! Poor Chad has been living with a grumpy wife the last few days, and I think Lucy has some of my attitude as well, so between the two girls I think Chad has had about enough! :) I'm a little bit of a control freak and I have a hard time when things don't go according to plans...but I am working on adjusting to the new plan and hopefully all will be well soon! :)
On a happier note, we went camping last weekend and had a blast! Lucy is such a good sport :) The worst part was sleeping...we have an air mattress that we all sleep on together. Lucy was in the middle, sprawled out and taking up half the room, and Chad was on his side sprawled out taking up the rest of the room! I have never slept so badly or been so sore! hehehe! :) Here are some photos!



No comments:
Post a Comment