Friday was somewhat exciting for us. If you follow me on Facebook you probably got the most of this story already :) I was so proud of myself (I guess that is why it happened..) I had accomplished so much in one day. Cleaned, painted the wainscoting for our island, worked on furniture to sell, etc etc... I thought Chad would be so blown away if I added sewing to my list (I resist sewing). So I set about finishing a really cute Christmas pillow I had had on my mind for awhile now. I don't know how it happened, Lucy was a bit fussy so I know I was a bit distracted..but all the sudden I felt this weird jerk, and my sewing machine stopped like it was caught on something.... All the sudden I realized I had the needle through my finger!! I just sat there looking at it for awhile..then it started bleeding and it dawned on me what had just happened. I completely panicked! The top of the needle was jammed in my nail bed and it had gone completely through my finger and bent when it hit the sewing machine. I started calling all my neighbors...multiple times when they didn't answer at first :) Chad was mad I didnt call him (how could he help when he was in SL?) but I did send him a nice picture :) Soon my living room was full of neighbors, one took our dog Bella, one took Lucy, and another one took me to Urgent Care. Chad was able to meet us there. The Doctor was amazing. After numbing my finger (which killed!!) he broke of the bent end and pulled it out. No stitches! But I did get a tetanus shot and enjoyed waking up with the sorest arm ever! All is well now, I'm a little achy but nothing unbearable. I was so grateful for the wonderful group of support I had built up around me, I don't know what I would have done without neighbors to keep me calm and help with Lucy! Once again, Chad and I are so amazed by the blessings of good neighbors!
Here are just a couple pictures.... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment