Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Catching Up

A lot has happened since I last posted, I will try and do a quick update on a few things that have happened.

First and Foremost (and the reason I haven't been up to much lately) we are expecting Baby Girl #2 to arrive the beginning of March! :) We are so excited for the new addition to our family. Now if we could just agree on a name....   ;)

Baby Girl is looking healthy and strong and so far all is well!

Chad started a new Job at Leucadia National Corporation and is loving it. He is still in downtown SL, but the work is way more enjoyable and his boss is amazing so we are all adjusting to a better schedule and a more relaxed Daddy ;) 

Lucy continues to grow and learn new things. She is by far the most adorable little girl I know, such a sweet little angel. 

We've been doing a lot of walking with her walker. She continues to get stronger. I get a lot of questions about her walker and why she needs it--Lucy has extremely low muscle tone. This effects everything-from motor development, to speech--and even her intestines, we have to monitor her eating carefully otherwise she suffer from chronic constipation. But She is getting stronger and with time all her muscles with strengthen and she wont have any problems :) 


Lucy and I enjoyed a fun day out together the other day. We went to the library, then the park--sadly it had been awhile since this sick and tired momma had taken her to the park. She was so excited and loves swinging. We ended with lunch at McDonalds;  I soon realized that was the first time we had even gone out to eat together, just the two of us! We dont eat out very often and when we do Chad is with us. But she was so excited and loved being out with Mom :)

Lucy's fake smile..hahah! :) 



 Lucy has started throwing a few tantrums, its quite cute! So far its only happened when I make her come inside, that girl could be frozen outside and still be mad when she has to come in. 

 Lucy is always wanting to do what mom is doing; cleaning, vacuuming, cooking, or her very favorite, doing dishes. :) 


 Lucy and I also took a trip together to Idaho to visit family and juice grapes! Isn't she the cutest little travel buddy? :)

 She loved visiting her cousins, especially baby Jameson. Lucy has a growing fascination for babies. She LOVES her dolls and real babies even more. She would just sit or lie next to Jameson and pat is back or softly stroke his head :) She will be such a good big sister. 

I have not been up to too much lately :) Most of my energy goes to playing with Lucy and keeping the house somewhat clean, ha! I did however get our front door painted! It turned out exactly how I wanted (which doesn't always happen when picking out paint samples....). Now I am just waiting for Chad to build shutters! ;) 



We are loving life and excited for this new phase!






2 comments:

  1. Cute post! I loved all the pictures of Lucy, that cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of her in the car with the sunglasses is to die for! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete