Yup. yesterday was a day to remember....
Started with me waking up super tired --Olive had a particularly challenging night and I had been up with her almost every hour.
Before I am even fully awake and functioning I discover our dog has pooped all over our house....starting with our bedroom and leaving a nice trail downstairs and to her back door........ yeah i still haven't fully forgiven her for that..
Then we get ready for a busy day running around Salt Lake and going to Doctor appointments. Lucy misses a nap and Olive screams a lot....
We finally get home and get dinner going and eat. We decide to go for a nice family walk to help us relax. Chad gets Lucy in a stroller while I try to calm Olive and find my shoes. I am yelling out the door asking Chad where I may have left my shoes when it happens...
Chad lets go of Lucy's stroller, assuming that our porch is flat and she would be fine. (which it should be right?!?! especially in a new house..) But we now know our porch is slanted...
This next moment is forever burned in my mind...like a bad nightmare that plays in slow motion every time I close my eyes. The stroller rolls right off the porch and flies off our steps. It didnt stumble down the steps like you would have expected, but hit the first step and propelled/flew down and Lucy face planted under it on the cement. Chad rushed to pick her up and there was blood everywhere.. her lip and mouth was badly cut (she tore the muscle that connects your top lip to your gums). He rushed her to the Urgent Care--they said she would be fine without really checking her. A few hours later she was still really fussy and I just knew something was off. So Chad took her to the ER were they took x-rays of her chest/collar bones and arms. X-rays show that both hands are broken-right above her wrist.
Left arm
Right arm, not as easy to see--just a small line.
She's so amazing....such a trooper
Life will be kinda crazy over the next few weeks. Lucy cant do anything..not even feed herself, which is frustrating for her. We also have to watch Olive extra closely..Lucy loves her so much and never wants to leave her. However she doesnt realize she pretty much has to heavy bricks as arms...




so sorry!!! That doesn't sound fun at all!!
ReplyDelete