So I have to admit that I have the Blues today...Im sure it has to do with the fact that Lucy kept me up all night and BreAna is gone and now I'm adjusting to my new home alone :) ....And I'm not sure if I like Chad having a real job, I liked it when he worked from home and I got to see him whenever! :) So basically I am going through a HUGE adjustment period!
What I really want to know is how do stay-at-home-moms get so much accomplished????? I found all these wonderful new blogs to follow and they are full of wonderful craft ideas and inspiration! (check out my profile to see all of my blogs and check them out!!) However, most of them are moms that stay at home, yet they have the time to do crazy craft projects all the time, take crazy good pictures of them, edit the pictures, and post about it, all while looking absolutely gorgeous in every picture!!!..and their kids always look good in the clothes they usually make for them!! Come on!!-- I'm lucky if I have showered and brushed my teeth by noon! :) So, yes I am still adjusting to becoming a mom, but I would love any tips from you other moms on how to do so much! :)
AAaahhhhhhhhh...I am starting to feel better already..I just needed to get it off my chest :) But seriously, any input would be GREATLY appreciated!! :)
Other than that, life is pretty good in Virginia. I really do love it here! IT IS SO PRETTY!! And all of the houses are so beautiful!!! I will have to take a few pictures of my favorite ones and post them for you to enjoy :) Poor Chad, I am already wishing for a giant Victorian-style home ;)
Love you all!! I'll have fun chasing the fireflies tonight! ;)
I don't really follow any of the "professional" craft blogs, (I feel like I don't even have time to keep up with those people's blogs, much less do the craft!) But I come across them every once in awhile when something looks interesting and you want to know what I think about them? I wonder how much time they actually pay attention to their kids. Of course you can get a lot done during nap times, (once the baby is a bit older, when my kids were Lucy's age I remember not getting anything accomplished even during nap time, so don't worry about it! My accomplishments were showering and getting dressed, and it if was a really good day, reading the scriptures!) and I think a lot of those blogger moms have school-age kids, so that would free up time, but for the most part, I wonder if maybe they're spending way too much time coming up with 100 crafts, making them, stopping to take pictures at each step, and then blog about it to be really productive in the areas where it's most important. Whenever I wonder why I'm not more like them I think about how much time it would take me away from my kids and developing myself in ways Heavenly Father would want, and then it just doesn't even stack up to those more important things! I've never regretted time I've spent holding my kids and just looking at them while they sleep or playing with them, but I have regretted not doing that enough. However, I don't think it's bad to read craft blogs, (we all need to relax and veg!) or to be insanely crafty, I just think it's about priorities. I love doing crafts! In fact, I think it's important to Heavenly Father too! (read "Happiness, Your Heritage" by Elder Uchtdorf, Oct. 2008. It's one of my favorite talks ever.) What worked for me last year before Emily was born was that I would work on my projects while Calvin took a nap in the afternoon and when he was awake I would put the crafts away. It helped me to know that I had a time coming up when he slept that I could do what I wanted and I looked forward to it every day, and when he was awake I could patiently pay attention to him and give him quality time because I knew my personal time was coming up. Pick a project and patiently work on it every day until it's done and then pick a new one! That went out the window when he stopped taking naps as soon as Emily was born, but it was helpful then! And, I seem to remember some home decor you've created recently, so you're definitely accomplishing A LOT! Love you guys! Sorry for the book!
ReplyDeleteUh, yeah...I didn't mean for that to be that long. Sorry :\
ReplyDeleteYou learn to adjust Sara! i know what you mean though. I have a hard time being at home so I have to plan out my days alot. Time when i get to run errands, time for laundry, time for baby naps. My son is now down to about 1 nap a day and it is not very fun. Haha. But ya...that is my suggestion to help. Just kinda plan out your day and even though it doesn't ALWAYS go exactly the way you planned it I always get so much more accomplish. Like crafts or sewing.
ReplyDelete