Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our Goose :)

A lot has been going on with Lucy, i figured it deserves its own post :) Main thing: she has finally figured out she has hands!!!!!!!!!!! :) And just yesterday she started grabbing her toys from her little play mat. I was super stoked when I first saw it, and still am.... I suffer from first-time-mom syndrome; I read in one of our baby magazines awhile back that kids should start grabbing for toys around 3-5 months, so of course I have been anxious for Lucy to do just that since she was 3 months old :) My good friend Nancy and I were talking about this before I left Provo and she gave me some good advice that I need to listen to ;) she said "You know, everybody develops differently and when you get to high school you're not going  to be comparing to see who started crawling first.".....something along those lines. Bottom line, I shouldn't worry so much :). Anyways, Lucy is adorable and I have a video of her playing and talking for you to enjoy!!!

She has also been enjoying this chair a lot, it belongs to our landlord but she is sweet enough to let us use it! I think the biggest thing is Lucy loves to stand and be on her feet and this cool little chair lets her do just that!! She usually moves around and will do a full circle :) She looks at the toys, especially the mirror, but hasnt started to play with them too much yet. Every once in awhile she will accidentally hit a button and music and lights will turn on and her eyes will get real big and she'll just sit still trying to figure it out :) Other than that she just walks in a circle jabbering away :)



This shirt reads "Mommy's little alarm clock" and has been very fitting for her lately; she hasnt been sleeping well at night these past 2 nights!!! I use to put her to bed around 8, she would wake up around 3-5 to eat, go back to bed and sleep until 7 or 9... i know, i had it good right? ;) However, these past 2 nights she wakes up at midnight then every 1-2 hours after that. Its exhausting!!! I finally just put her in her swing last night and she talked us both to sleep.....she slept for about 3 hrs in it which was better!! She just seems to want me to hold her all night!!.....speaking of which, she is sleeping in my arms right now, im getting pretty good at doing everything one-handed :) This post is taking forever, but she is SOO cute, and I've already tried putting her down..............

Video of her playing:

Lucy has also been laughing a lot lately! She has a really funny laugh.... its kinda like a deep "huh huhhuhhuh" sound, kinda like a goose laughing.... :) I've been trying desperately to get it in video, but whenever i pull out the camera she just stares at it!!! But stay tuned, I WILL get a video of it soon!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I just love her curly hair! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute, I can't wait to meet her and give her a big squeeze! I love her curly hair!

    ReplyDelete