Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lucy at 9 months

Lucy is 9 months old!!!!!!!!!!! I am starting to plan her birthday party now ;) Here is whats going on:

Weight: 20.15 pounds-83% woohooo!! She is coming down! :)
Height: 29 inches-90% -also lower than usual
She has 2 teeth on the bottom
Still not crawling-she is too big of a chicken to try :) but she has started scooting backwards
She is talking like crazy!! The funniest sounds along with funny facial expressions
She loves feeding herself-and loves all food
She is an AMAZING sleeper-8pm-7am ish ( usually wakes up at 5 for a snack)
She threw her first fit yesterday-she was mad when I was clipping her nails and wouldn't let her have the nail clippers. It was so crazy- it was the first time I had heard that cry!
However she still continues to be the sweetest thing in the world :)

She has had a lot of doctor appointments lately-mostly NICU check-up things. Urology to check up on the fluid that was around her bladder-all clear. Dermatology to look at the hemangioma on her lip-that is looking like it is going well. She is now off her medicine and we are watching it to make sure it doesnt start swelling. They told us that after its growing period (the first year and her medicine prevented that) it slowly fades away with a 50% chance of it being gone when she is 5 and a 90% chance that it will be gone when she is 9. Next we visited the eye doctor-he said her eyes are perfect-YAY! And last cardiology-also really good news. For those of you who don't know/remember, Lucy was born with 3 small holes in her heart-one was causing a murmur. 2 of those holes have now closed up!!! And we are very optimistic that the 3rd one will close up on its own as well :) Here are some pictures of Lucy being a good girl at the doctors :
 Taking pictures of her heart-wires everywhere!
Waiting for the results-Lucy being the goose she is ;) 

Lucy also is starting to Love all things technical- our phones, computer, and her Dad's tablet. I was working on the floor next to her the other day and suddenly noticed some small fingers at the top of my screen, followed but some curly hair and some cute eyes peering at me :) Chad took pictures:



Her face when I took it away!! :)

She is also learning to sit like a lady:
 Isnt it so cute! :) She has been doing this a lot!

That about covers it with us. Chad is staying busy working 40+ hours a week plus school. Chad got the Christmas decorations out for me so I could do a photo shoot with Lucy (coming soon) and I couldn't help but make a Christmas wreath:

There is a glittery "Merry Christmas" sign in the middle that is hard to see. Chad couldn't believe that I would put it up already :) We finished our kitchen floors (coming soon- I still need to paint the trim!), and now we are just excited to see our family next week for Thanksgiving :) 


2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that she's doing well!! Her 1year is going to sneak right up on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of Lucy reaching over your laptop are too cute! Also, I can't believe all those monitors she had at the doctor's! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete