Monday, August 15, 2011

I can not believe it; Lucy is 6 months old!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, my daughter is half way to her one year mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm feeling old ;) Lucy is growing so much lately, its too much fun! Her latest thing that we are LOVING is that she is starting to eat food!!! It is the cutest thing ever! She has a way of opening her mouth and lunging towards any object she desires to put in her mouth (toys, fingers, my face..) its cute seeing her go for the food :) We tried for some time to feed her and she would just push the food out with her tongue, she wasn't really getting the "swallowing" part. Just a few days ago she had a breakthrough and started loving sucking on food, I would hold on to a piece of bread or fruit and she would suck on it like a binki; she couldnt get enough. And just yesterday we had our first successful feeding with applesauce! (I think rice cereal must be too boring, I would probably push that out of my mouth too!) And today she did a fantastic job of swallowing and really wanting and going for the food! It is so fun :)
Besides apple sauce Lucy Loves:

Peaches
nectarines
bread
cantaloupe
pineapple
apples
carrots

Now that she is swallowing hopefully we can get her to eat some veggies too :)




Doesn't she look so big sitting in a high chair?!?! AHHH!!! I can't believe this is my baby!!! :)
We are excited to return to Provo at the end of the week and be in our own home, our own ward, with all of our friends!! Lucy was 2 months old and still small and skinny when we left :) She wont be recognized! ;)

This is just a cute picture of her curls :) ....Her hair is usually flat in the back from laying on it, however 2 minutes outside in the humidity and it curls right back up! I'm wondering if she is going to lose some of her curl when we get back to Utah? I dunno...I guess we will find out soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment