View from the back, you can see Jeffersons' statue in the middle
Front view, I wasnt able to get back far enough to see the dome top :)
Inside, you can kinda see one of his quotes on the left
Looking out and across the river, the sun was setting and it was so peaceful!
So HUGE!
The next day we headed over to the REAL Air and Space museum in Chantille. It was HUGE with hundreds of real airplanes, missiles, and other cool things...yes life size :)
Chads' "I Love Call of Duty"...this is a blackbird spy plane that I guess is in his game :)
It is very cool looking; sleek.
I on the other hand, preferred this cute little thing :) Its a helicopter from the Korean War
We decided Lucy would be a cute astronaut for Halloween :)
Lucy was really bored the first half in her stroller, I took her out and she got SO excited! She was so playful :)
Its hard to see the tiny helicopter in the background but it was this cute little one-man, open-air helicopter that was designed to be dropped behind enemy lines to stranded pilots that could then fly it out; it was never used though. There were a few other little one-seater helicopters like this, all I could think about was how much fun it would be to fly one around the gravel pit ;)
Calvin holding the map :) and Emily
Oh my goodness I love her!
After the air museum and dinner Shea and Erin watched Lucy for us so we could go to the DC temple!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!! Such a beautiful temple :)
Its such a big and gorgeous temple :)
The grounds in front of the temple
At night :)
....And just for fun I have to add this adorable picture of Lucy's head :) Erin let us borrow some of Emily's hair bands and we put Lucy's hair in pigtails!!!!!!!!!! All of it :) I couldnt get a good picture of them from the front, she kept moving and the background was dark and her ponytails just blended in..... we HAVE to get some hairbands so that she can wear these often, so cute! :)
We had so much fun with Shea and Erin and the kids this summer! It is so nice spending time with family! We love you guys!!!
We love you guys too! We had a lot of fun at the Memorial and museum, too. We probably never would have gone to the museum if you hadn't told us about it! I love that picture of you next to the pillar, I didn't even notice how huge they were when we were there. And I found hair ties at Harris Teeter grocery store again today, everywhere else they seem to come in packs of big, medium and small, but I bet you could buy them at a beauty supply store, (aplenty in Utah, I'm sure!) Lucy definitely has a ton of beautiful curly hair and her pigtails are so cute!
ReplyDelete