Friday, August 5, 2011

Real Thunder

I never knew thunder until we came out east, this is real thunder. It sneaks up on you too, the day will be sunny and then all of the sudden the clouds will come, rain will pour, and thunder will shake the house. 30 minutes later it might be sunny and normal again. I guess that is why it stays so green here :) ..did I ever mention that there aren't any sprinklers here? Imagine a summer without watering your yard.....crazy! Anyways, back to thunder: I have never heard anything so loud!!!!!!!!!! It really BOOMS and shakes the house and you; you cant help the goose bumps that come and feeling just a little intimidated...the power in our house even went out for about 30 seconds one time right after a particularly loud one. ...This is of no real relevance :) I just find it so amazing and thought I would try and share! Anyways...Lucy has some adorable ducky rain boots that I have been waiting for her to wear. I forget about them a lot and days when I do remember it is usually hot and sunny so I dont want her to wear them. Fortunately we were headed over to a friends house for a lunch date and it started raining! I couldn't help but slip on her cute boots :) Here are a few photos--dont mind her overly-chunky knees and the fact the I forgot to pull her skirt down first..... ;)


 Aren't they so cute?!?! :)

This picture was just of a cute moment, Lucy was chillin with her Daddy :) She was fascinated with his computer and watching his hands as he typed.
Well, Chad only has one more week here in DC!!! Then we head to Tennessee for a week to visit Scott and Julie and Chad will be flying out of there to go to DisneyWorld for a few days for the last bit of his internship. Then we are booking it back to Utah as fast as we can!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment